TURBODAYTONA.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» vacuum lines
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 10:21 pm by Daytona Junkie

» Turbo boost/ vacuum problems
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptyJune 27th 2014, 2:27 pm by Daytona Junkie

» whats happnin
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptyJanuary 9th 2012, 1:41 pm by Daytona Junkie

» Hi from st.louis
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptyNovember 28th 2011, 3:11 am by 92TurboTona

» second gen parts f/s
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptySeptember 26th 2011, 5:16 pm by turbopacifica

» WTF.....LOL The QUIK one stopped by.......
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptyAugust 19th 2011, 3:19 pm by Daytona Junkie

» TIII help in Central Fla.
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptyAugust 7th 2011, 9:13 pm by Daytona Junkie

» snowflake wheels w/tires
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptyMay 16th 2011, 7:48 pm by turbo-tease

» 1989 Dodge Daytona Es w/t-tops
changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! EmptyMarch 30th 2011, 5:00 pm by turbo-tease

changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help!

+2
Daytona Junkie
t2voyager
6 posters

Go down

changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! Empty changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help!

Post by t2voyager January 11th 2009, 5:00 pm

okay changn my t1 intake manifold to a t2 forgot wut all i neede to do any help is appreciated.

t2voyager

Number of posts : 18
My Car : shelby vnt daytona!
Engine : 2.2 TIV

Back to top Go down

changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! Empty Re: changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help!

Post by Daytona Junkie January 11th 2009, 5:02 pm

well first thing is,get some more members on the board lol! i think all you need is the 2 peice with the fuel rail,and the TII injectors

Last edited by Daytona Junkie on January 11th 2009, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daytona Junkie
Daytona Junkie
Forum Administrator/Owner

Number of posts : 219
My Car : 2005 Dodge NSRT-4
Engine : 2.4L Turbo

https://turbodaytona.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help! Empty Re: changing 87 t1 intake manifold to a t2 need some help!

Post by t2voyager January 11th 2009, 5:08 pm

lol true but i figured u or the othere....3 members would know lol but the reason i asked is because i wuz told there would be some wires i would have to extend or redo i have the complete intake wuz just wondering if anybody else here has done this.

t2voyager

Back to top Go down

Post by Daytona Junkie January 11th 2009, 5:10 pm

ya the wiring harness would need to be swapped out or modified,i havent had to do it since my cars are TII's and TIV's
Daytona Junkie
Daytona Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by turbomini February 6th 2009, 11:11 pm

ok you have to run wires for the IAC its simple but if you are creative you can do what i did and make a throttle body with older IAC and newer intake lol

turbomini

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 85boostbox February 7th 2009, 9:57 am

Here is a link on how to do it LOL Arrow http://thedodgegarage.com/turbo_glhs.html

85boostbox

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Daytona Junkie February 7th 2009, 11:51 pm

finally,some knowledgeable people on the site
Daytona Junkie
Daytona Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by turbokid February 25th 2009, 1:11 am

lmao that bad?
Ya its pretty simple.
Q

turbokid

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by t2voyager April 5th 2009, 6:13 pm

85boostbox wrote:Here is a link on how to do it LOL Arrow http://thedodgegarage.com/turbo_glhs.html
well i'll be sure to give this info to my friend greg who own's the car now i've moved up to TIV now cheers

t2voyager

Back to top Go down

Post by Daytona Junkie April 5th 2009, 7:40 pm

turbokid wrote:lmao that bad?
yeah unfortunately Crying or Very sad
Daytona Junkie
Daytona Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by boosted86daytona July 28th 2010, 1:12 am

Lol to change to TII status from a TI Log you need to do the following

TII intake (with charge air temp sensors) with TII or 88+ 2.5 TI Injectors, TII FPR (fuel Pressure Regulator) fuel rail, throttle body, and all related sensors.

GLHS TII computer (keeps the MAP sensor on the logic module)

TII turbo and exhaust manifold, or modify the TI Garrett (noth exhaust and turbo flanges, delete EGR, plug EGR tube hole in Swingvalve, rotate compressor housing to face forward, and fab up a new air inlet to mimic the TII compressor housing.

Or just buy a TII housing and swap them.

Intercooler, TII airbox (if you plan on making it look stock) and related hoses to hook up the turbo/intake, and 88+ single-Piece valve cover.

Remove the head, Install intake, and turbo/exhaust manifold. You will see where the turbo flange needs notched to clear the intake runner, not a big deal, about 10-20 minutes on the grinder depending on what you have and what other tools you use.

Install the head with new intake and exhaust, make sure to intstall Fuel Rail ground strap.

The only modification needed besides the exhaust grinding is the wiring.
The connectors for your TPS and AIS motors need spliced onto your existing harness. Then two wires (the inner two) off the AIS connector need ran to the Logic Module and pinned into bay 16 and 20, Donovans Dodge Garage has the exact info you need to match which wire to which pin.

Sadly The 87 TII Daytona, Lancer, and CSX are all underhood map sensor setups. Problem with those is the wiring and logic module pinouta are night ant day difference between the GLHS and the other three. It would require a complete underhood, and possibly dash, harness swap, which really isn't condusive to mods unless you plan to really destroy people over 300HP
boosted86daytona
boosted86daytona

Number of posts : 64
My Car : 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z
Engine : 2.2 LW TII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum